Matt Steady: Studio Services
Matt Steady - Studio Services
I work mostly in folk/blues/rock/country/acoustic genres, but I'm more than happy to consider other types of material.
Indicative prices are below, but contact me for a quote on firstname.lastname@example.org The more tracks I work on, the more discount I add! The more stages that you require, the more discount I add! For instance, mixing and mastering will be much cheaper together than separate. Mastering a 5 song EP will be much cheaper than mastering 5 separate songs at different times.
If you are near Leicester (England!) then I can record your tracks from scratch at Studio Stoic. However the majority of my clients are worldwide and send me their recordings via the internet for me to work on.
I do record session parts for other people (vocals, guitars, violin/fiddle, uilleann pipes, bass etc.). If you would like me to play on your music, head to https://mattsteady.com/remotesessionwork/
– Tidy up the timing on your drums, instruments and vocals
– Edit out/reduce unwanted noise/breaths. Some changes are more possible than others…
– Add touches of tuning where necessary (vocals and sometimes fiddle etc.) Your original recording should obviously be high quality and shouldn’t need more than an occasional touch!
– I don’t generally get involved with comping etc. I prefer tracks to come to me containing your best performances. However contact me if this is something you need and we can discuss it.
Price will depend on how much work is required and the quality of the recordings, but £20 per track would be average.
– Add gain-staging, EQ and compression to bring out the sparkle in your instruments and vocals and allow them to sit well together without clashing
– Add tasteful reverb and/or delay where necessary
– Automate volume and panning to balance the different instruments to create a cohesive, compelling sound
– Ensure it sounds as good as it can on different sound systems (monitor speakers, car, ipod etc.)
Again, price will depend on how much work is required (5 audio stems will be MUCH cheaper than sending through 50 stems!), but prices start at £40 per track.
Mastering £40 per track
– This is NOT an automated one-size-fits-all process like LANDR
– Perform final EQ
– Add subtle saturation to give your final song a little warmth
– Increase the volume of the track to match required volume levels for radio
– Control the dynamic range so that the track is still musical and has highs and lows
– Match the volume and EQ between all the songs on your album/EP so there are no jars when moving between songs
– If a full EP/album, create appropriate gaps between the songs
– If a full EP/album, create a DDP image master ready to send to a CD manufacturer, including UPC/EAN codes, ISRCs, CD-text etc.
Prices apply to “standard” songs in terms of length and complexity. If a song is over 5 minutes long or contains a huge number of separate tracks then it may be necessary to increase this cost. All prices are subject to hearing the initial tracks.
Included in my work will be two revisions to make sure you get exactly what you want!
Contact me at email@example.com for further information or project requests.
I can’t wait to work with you!
" MATT’S DONE A GREAT JOB WITH A FEW TRACKS I’VE FEATURED ON. HE SEEMS TO HAVE A GOOD APPROACH TO MASTERING AND MIXING DUE IN PART TO THE TECHNICAL SKILLS HE CLEARLY HAS BUT I THINK BECAUSE HE APPROACHES IT FROM A MUSICIANS PERSPECTIVE TOO – SUCH AS HE IS"
"...the difference is amazing!"
"OH MY Gooooooosssshhhhhh!!! This is so so so so so superdooper awesome!!!!! Matt I cannot thankyou enough! I just listened to the 'old' version versus your mastered one, and the old one makes me sound like I'm singing in a bin-bag in a windtunnel! Ha ha ha ha. Oh my word, thanks so much Matt, this is the most excited I have been since getting back into music!"